Opening for a Housing Services Coordinator
LCCH currently has an opening for a Housing Services Coordinator in our Transitional Housing Program. See below for the job description. If you are interested, please submit a resume and cover letter by January 2, 2017 to: LCCH, ATTN: Human Resources, PO Box 613, Newark, OH 43058-0613. EOE. No phone calls, please.
LICKING COUNTY COALITION FOR HOUSING-POSITION DESCRIPTION
Housing Services Coordinator, Full-Time Permanent, Supervised by Transitional Housing Supervisor
- Maintain program files per U.S. HUD, State of Ohio, and other grant reporting requirements, as well as other funding sources as needed.
- Assist in development, achievement, and evaluation of Transitional Housing program goals and objectives.
- Assist in the development and revision of Transitional Housing program policies, procedures, and forms, including the Resident Contract.
- Assist in maintaining databases concerning Transitional Housing participant progress toward meeting Individual Service Plan and Housing Services Plan goals.
- Participate in training and staff development opportunities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conduct and process Transitional Housing intakes.
- Maintain current knowledge of housing resources and supportive services available to low and moderate income persons and families in Licking County.
- Assess new Transitional Housing participants as assigned in identifying immediate needs (food, clothing, medical assistance, etc.) and assist in obtaining resources available to meet immediate needs as outlined in Initial Individual Service Plan.
- Develop, update and enforce Service Plans with participants as assigned.
- Maintain regular contact with program participants as assigned to ensure progress in meeting the goals outlined in Service Plans and document progress.
- Be available to assist participants with transportation, accompany participants to appointments, and provide hands-on support as needed.
- Be available to perform on-call duties as assigned.
- Refer participants to appropriate community services and maintain contact with service providers as needed.
- License in Social Work and Bachelors Degree in Social Work, preferred; two-year degree and/or related human services experience a minimum.
- Experience in using Microsoft, Word, and Excel; familiarity with Access and Service Point a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Well organized and resourceful.
- Familiarity with program evaluation and progressive engagement techniques a plus.
ADA REQUIREMENTS: The position is primarily direct services in nature. Therefore, a high degree of mobility is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Driving automobile, truck, van, walking, lifting, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping, and crouching.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Overall comprehension, numerical and verbal intelligence, motor coordination.